The Communications section can be used to set up either an automated Internal communication to staff or External communication to customers. The 'Type' of comms available to set up are;
- Email Notification - Internal email notification to other AutoPlay users (using standardised AutoPlay templates)
- Email Response - External Email Response sent to customers or others outside the business
- In App Notification - An internal warning via Notifications within AutoPlayAuto.com
- SMS Message - External SMS notification sent to a customer (free format SMS)
- SMS Response - External SMS Response sent to a customer (using pre set SMS Standard Response Text)
- SMS Notification - Internal SMS notification to other AutoPlay users
When Are Communications Triggered?
Any Communication will be triggered according to what is set up in the AFTER field in this section. It is possible to set up delays ranging from 5 Minutes to 1 Year. When the Automation Trigger itself is reached the delay set here will result in the Automation being queued for X minutes/hours/days/weeks/months before it is actually sent.
For example the 'Lead Created' Trigger will be satisfied immediately when a new lead is created, however many dealers will not trigger the automated comms until a suitable delay has been applied in case any details were captured incorrectly. If you wish to send automated comms immediately when the Automation Triger is satisfied you can select 'NONE' in the 'After' field. Any communication queued up will not send if a 'Brake' is triggered in the delay between the automation being triggered and the email/sms/notification actually sending.
What Information Can Be Included In Communications?
When sending automated comms there are two types - internal or external. Internal comms such as SMS Notification, In App Notification and Email Notification are intended for internal reminders to users and managers and will often have pre-populated text suitable to whatever Trigger is being used. This content can be changed and it is possible to add in tags such as [@Listing_Title] to populate your message with Lead ID's, Listings etc.
External comms can be set up to send SMS Standard Responses and Email Standard Responses respectively, whilst SMS to customers can be constructed directly from this screen. When sending emails you could also opt to build your comms directly to the template if you do not need dynamic content.
It is also possible to send automated Email Campaigns or Live Leads by selecting the 'Creates Email Campaigns' in the 'DETAILS' section. Read more about automating Email Campaigns/Live Leads HERE.
Who Receives Internal Email/SMS/Notifications?
When setting up automated comms within your dealership it is possible to choose from several different recipients using the USER TYPE drop down.
- Lead Managers - Will trigger the comms to any user ticked as a manager in the Manage Leads role that the Lead Owner is included in. Used to alert management when the sales team does not meet expected standards.
- Lead Owner - Will trigger the comms to the user who owns the Lead at the time of Automation triggering.
- Recipients - Specify a particular email address/mobile number to receive the automation. Does not need to be a AutoPlay user or even anyone within the dealership. Commonly used by Group/OEM managers to escalate leads originating with the Group/OEM that don't meet expected standards.
- Users - Specify a particular recipient from any user in AutoPlay regardless of roles. Can be used to alert staff who don't typically share the Manage Leads role.
Who Receives External Email/SMS
When setting up automated comms to customers it is possible to choose from several different recipients using the USER TYPE drop down.
- Customer - Will trigger the automation to the email address/mobile number against the Primary Customer on the Lead.
- Recipients - Will trigger the automation to a specified email address or mobile number.
Automation - Setting The Sender For Automation Comms
The communications section is used to control the 'From' (aka sender) of any email sent to the customer. The following options available;
- Lead Owner - The AutoPlay user who is allocated the lead at the time of the automation triggering.
- Yard Contact - The contact email address set at the yard level in www.autoplayauto.com. If this setting is chosen and there is no Yard Contact the email set at the Company level will become the 'From' address.
- Company Contact - The contact email set in My Company in www.autoplayauto.com.
- User - Enables a field to select a User from within www.autoplayauto.com.
- Email Address - Enables a field to type in an email address. Does not need to be an email address associated with any AutoPlay user.